Indoor wayfinding has evolved dramatically in recent decades – from printed signs and maps, to digital, yet still static, maps on monitors, to interactive touch screen kiosks. Now, with Internet connected smartphones in nearly everyone’s pockets these days, 22MILES Mobile Wayfinding system shifts the paradigm once more.
“Did you know that ‘30% of first time visitors reported confusion’ and that ‘25% of staff members cannot find some destinations’ within their campus.”
– Mark VanderKlipp “Sign of the Times” Medical Construction and Design.
Advantages of 22MILES Mobile & Web Wayfinding
22Miles Mobile Wayfinding system allows users to find the indoor route and information on any mobile devices, such as smartphones, tablets, and hand-held game consoles. Our API is also available to be embedded directly into your website for a “Plan-your-visit” module or even to create your own custom app!
As a standalone solution, 22MILES Mobile Wayfinding gives your customers or guests the flexibility and convenience to check their interested destinations anywhere, any time. When paired with large-format display wayfinders, the mobile convenience is amplified with send-to-mobile maps and turn-by-turn via QR code, text, or email.
The smooth integration of 22MILES Waytouch Premier and Mobile Wayfinding systems helps to keep costs low and make update a breeze. The powerful backend CMS simplifies and centralizes your maintenance through an Update Once, Publish Everywhere.
Features of 22MILES Mobile Wayfinding
- Multi-Building 22MILES Mobile Wayfinding system helps prevent your visitors’ confusion on how to find their way from a parking lot to a building, cross-building, interior wings, floors, or ANY room on your campus.
- Turn-by-Turn The mobile wayfinding apps provide detailed maps of your campus/buildings with turn-by-turn text directions. We bring the smooth experience of Google Maps to your indoor floor maps and even your whole campus map!
- Multi-Destination Our Mobile Wayfinding system also supports a “Plan Your Visit” function for a planned route including multiple destinations. You can also scan QR Code to easily add a new destination in our Mobile Wayfinding solution.
- 1-Click Update Our Publisher Pro Mapping Module not only publishes your floor plan to all kiosks in the network, but also to your mobile website and regular website from the Internet with just 1-click. Maintaining a mobile wayfinding website has never been easier.
- Accessibility for Everyone Our mobile wayfinding also offers the opportunity of making it accessible for visual impaired visitors, by incorporating a text-only version. Those using wheelchairs are now able to find their way quicker and easier on their smartphones.
- Open Source Our mobile web wayfinder code is open source to all of our customers! 22 MILES is building a wayfinding tool to supports wayfinding into the mobile age, and we want our customers in healthcare and universities to be at the forefront.
Mobile Wayfinding App with 22 Miles AR Plug-in capabilities:
Augmented Reality is now a Reality…AR brings a new human interface to react to imagery in the user’s environment, especially in an environment the user is not familiar with; It can be difficult for users to locate an object that’s not positioned onscreen, and a mobile AR app could help users navigate to those objects easier, and with a clearer direction to start.
- Currently in the market we have only see AR be utilized in popularity for video games and infotainment based demos, but seldom has AR in commercial use been released for business clients and organizational environments.
- AR with wayfinding has a lot great potential for smart buildings. New applications can be deployed everyday as the technology is used. 22 Miles platform provides for that creative flexibly to start producing new corporate results.
- AR doesn’t only offer visual cues, but also audible feedback. it could greatly improve a mobile app’s accessibility. This can be a powerful new solution for ADA requirements and benefits.
- With the 22MILES wayfinding app and AR plug-in, as an individual walks a retail environment, for instance, the app could recognize a print catalog for a piece of furniture and then have virtual super-imposed animations (IE pop-ups, spaceships, talking coupons, live floating rating, etc.) emerge from the catalog and placed in the environment.
What does 22MILES bring to the table
- Fully integrated its mapping capabilities into the AR plug in
- Fully integrated its promotion placement on floor maps
- Make this AR plug in available for an existing app
|RECAP of 22 Miles Mobile and Web Wayfinder|
RECAP of 22MILES Mobile and Web Wayfinder
- All latest mobile browsers compatible with HTML5
- All latest web browsers
- Downloadable iOS & Android options available
- List of rooms and hotspots
- Events, Popular locations, Promotions and Product locations integration
- Multiple destinations support
- Turn-by-turn information
- Visual route on map
- Integrate with QR code, email, text on touchscreen to easily direct visitors to mobile site, or App Store
- 360-degree Virtual Tour (Panorama)
- 2D Wayfinding & 3D Wayfinding
- Vector-based Map
- Offline Usage
- 3rd-party Integration
- Nearby POIs (food, bus, flight,…)
- Shortest routes
- Accessible, Employee or any special routes defined by route manager
- One-way, temporarily disabled paths and preferred paths
- Time scheduled paths/doors (operation hours)
- Elevated floors (buildings built on hills), tunnels, bridges, and skywalks
- Easily support thousands of destinations/hotspots/touchpoints
- Multi-building, Multi-floor and Cross-campus
- Indoor and outdoor
- Turn-by-turn directions in levels of details
- Estimated distance
- Estimated travel time
- Cisco MSE mobile positioning
- Beacon (BLE) real-time mobile positioning
- Multi-lingual support for map, popup and turn-by-turn information
- No limit of languages
- Reuse the same map developed for kiosk on mobile site
- 1-click to publish map and routes update to mobile site