Digital Signage for Hotel Guests

The hospitality industry is particularly enamored with digital signage, and it’s not hard to see why. A whopping 70% of hotel guests find digital displays engaging and entertaining. However, if you happen to fall into the other 30% where guests don’t remember your digital signage, there’s no need to panic. We’re here to help with some ideas on leveraging digital signage effectively in hotels and resorts and get you in the coveted 70% club.

Hotel Lobby Is Where It’s At

Let’s start with the most prominent location of digital signage for hospitality, your lobby. Here’s a simple question and a suggestion, do you have wayfinding available for guests to use?

If the answer is “no,” you’ve missed the opportunity to connect with more than half of your guests. Studies show that 63% of people believe digital signage is attention-grabbing, making it a powerful tool to engage guests as they enter your front door. Wayfinding is genuinely the perfect application to add to your lobby.

Incorporating an interactive component into your wayfinding system can enhance guest engagement and provide greater convenience to all visitors. A simple yet effective wayfinding system can make guests feel at home, from guiding guests to your gift store, pool, restaurant, and hotel amenities to suggesting nearby attractions. With intuitive and easy-to-use digital signage, guests can easily navigate your establishment and surrounding area, creating a more pleasant and memorable experience.

Like wayfinding, if you do not have a digital concierge board, it’s time to install one. Need more convincing? After implementing digital concierge boards, Caesars reported that hotel rankings for its Las Vegas hotels climbed upwards of 40 positions on TripAdvisor!

No Blank Screens, Ever

Reader board and meeting room signage can display information about current and upcoming events, such as meeting schedules, conference agendas, and event room locations, so when the screen goes black, not all is good with the guests. Even if the screens are running, but the content needs to be updated; that’s not good either.

Providing your guests with accurate and timely information is a must. A flexible digital signage CMS is crucial because it seamlessly integrates with your existing hotel scheduling software, such as DELPHI, Hyatt Envision, Ungerboek, etc. By doing so, you can ensure that data regarding scheduled meetings, events, and other important announcements are always up-to-date. This integration will streamline your communication efforts, allowing you to provide guests with the most accurate information possible, which can enhance their overall experience at your hotel.

Digital Menus Do Work

Hotel restaurants and bars are valuable areas for digital signage. They can display menus with high-quality images and detailed food and beverage descriptions, daily specials, happy hour deals, live music, wine tastings, and other activities in the restaurant or bar. And this adds to the bottom line! Studies show that 80% of viewers made an unplanned purchase of something promoted digitally in a restaurant setting.

Don’t Forget The Back of House

Digital signage for hospitality in the back-of-house and employee break rooms can impact hotel guest experiences by improving employee engagement, productivity, and satisfaction. These signs broadcast essential information to employees, such as new policies, training updates, and safety reminders. They can also recognize and reward employee achievements, such as displaying excellent customer service or outstanding sales performances. When hotel employees are engaged and satisfied, they are more likely to provide high-quality service to guests, resulting in a better overall guest experience. Studies have shown that digital signage improves internal communication, which increases staff productivity by 25%.

As industry leaders in hotel and resort digital signage, 22Miles’ innovative technology will help elevate guest experiences at your hotel to the highest potential.

Most Recent Articles